There’s no point in investing your time into learning a new tool if you don’t even know what problem it solves. Gulp solves the problem of repetition. Many of the tasks that web developers find themselves doing over and over on a daily basis can be simplified by becoming automated. Automating repetitive tasks = more time to do non repetitive tasks = more productivity.
- Bundling and minifying libraries and stylesheets.
- Refreshing your browser when you save a file.
- Quickly running unit tests
- Running code analysis
- Less/Sass to CSS compilation
- Copying modified files to an output directory